Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 10:04:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Kyle's Korner
|-+  Kyle Schmid
| |-+  Kyle's Movies
| | |-+  The Sandy Bottom Orchestra
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Sandy Bottom Orchestra  (Read 2933 times)
ClairdeLune
Super Hero Member

Southwestern Schmidsonian Avatar by Clairdelune

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2008, 11:55:50 AM »

I just watched this one  (found it at Amazon for a very reasonable price)  and it's a very sweet role.  Kyle is the friend of the young girl who narrates the story. This tv movie, based on a novel by Garrison Keillor (of Prairie Home Companion) received eight award nominations including Kyle's nomination for best supporting young actor.  So cute seeing him shyly asking the girl out. That's a common type of scene, but the filmmakers wisely gave the Kyle some time to play it out, so it came out much better than just the typical 'stammering young man talking to a girl' scene.  He also does a fine job pretending to play the cello.
deb1912
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 12:32:49 PM »

Wink
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 05:23:27 PM by deb1912 » Logged
MsFangFan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »

This is on my list from Netflix (who knows when we'll get it). I like Garrison Keillor and this looks like a sweet movie.

We just watched it tonight and I loved it - what a nice family movie, and the actors in it were terrific, the scenery was beautiful. And Kyle was so completely adorable - was he around 16 when he did this? I wish his role was bigger - wish they'd had that date - but it was so good to see him in this and he hit just the right note of young, shy, adolescent and adorable!
And he looked so cool in a tux at the concert too. Kyle has done some wonderful things. I'm surprised he was nominated for an award for this role though, because it was quite a small part - but (like everything he does) he stood out in it.  Grin

My husband burst out laughing when Kyle appeared on the screen - he didn't realize why I'd rented it.  BUSTED!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 06:31:16 PM by MsFangFan » Logged
MsFangFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 07:53:31 AM »

Who could say 'no' to this face?

He's been so irresistably cute his whole life!  Smiley
Sexynikki12

I go cuckoo for Kyle!!!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »

Good god he really was adorable back then. I would have had a school girl crush!!!!

Make sure you always smile. You never know who's looking!!!
Wink

MADE FOR ME BY MY KADY GIRL
Alicja

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 04:22:58 PM »

I haven't seen this one.
Oh yes, to have someone like he was in my class.
He really was cute even as a boy.

My life is a strange place
My mind Ė thatís a whole world
or few of them maybe
so many things happen there
My hart itís a riddle
even for a poetaster like me
Ďcause I donít know
what will I feel
where will I go
what will I do
or even who am I going to be
Tomorrow.        (me)
MsFangFan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 11:22:19 AM »

He really hasn't changed his looks at all; that face just turned into a man. Well, his voice got a little deeper too!   Cheesy It was a very nice movie, although he didn't have too many scenes in it, maybe 3 scenes with the girl.
Alicja

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 01:57:22 PM »

Oh yes, his voice is so... I don't know. Let's just say IT"S SOOOOO... I love it.

My life is a strange place
My mind Ė thatís a whole world
or few of them maybe
so many things happen there
My hart itís a riddle
even for a poetaster like me
Ďcause I donít know
what will I feel
where will I go
what will I do
or even who am I going to be
Tomorrow.        (me)
MsFangFan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 09:05:28 AM »

Funny, I was posting elsewhere about this movie, and a friend who lives in Israel says she's seen it over there a number of times on the "Hallmark Channel"!  She'd seen this movie, but didn't know it was Kyle, because he was so young (and she only knows Kyle now, because I've been posting pix about him)  Grin

He has a wonderful voice. I've noticed that's a problem with some child actors who were big stars - when they grow up, they still have sort of high voices and a lot of them aren't very tall either, and then they have trouble getting good roles as adults. Not a problem with Kyle! He's very... manly - ahem.
LZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 01:36:04 PM »

For those who never watched the movie, here is a cute scene :
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfmxu4_2000-kyle-schmid-the-sandy-bottom-orchestra_shortfilms

Visit me on http://www.kyleschmidfrance.wordpress.com, the new French page with the latest updates !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length