Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 01:52:47 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Kyle's Korner
|-+  Kyle Schmid
| |-+  Gallery
| | |-+  Fear Island aka Deep Cove
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Fear Island aka Deep Cove  (Read 8072 times)
Henry4ever

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2009, 03:01:00 AM »

I have been rendered speechless............ great photo Anne!  Thank you!
Lacrossegal
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2009, 02:59:46 PM »

Anne - you didn't happen to ask Kyle if he had any idea what the hold up in releasing Deep Cove or Fear Island or whatever they're calling it now is? Does he have any idea when it will come out and if it's going straight to DVD or if it will test its popularity in the theaters? Inquiring minds would really like to know! Thanks  Grin
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 06:47:10 PM by Lacrossegal » Logged
Anne
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 01:12:32 PM »

Not from Kyle, but from the producer, David Doerksen:

"We are still working on an October release, I imagine it will only be released theatrically in Canada. 
These days to attract a theatrical release in the US, one has to put up the P&A (prints and advertising) dollars and which starts at US $5 million, and given the
competition for theatres, we won't be attempting a US theatrical.

We will either release it directly to DVD or to a cable channel as a
première.  The global economics for the independent film sector are awful at the
moment... So one is lucky to even get a DVD or cable deal in the US marketplace."

Made by me - Steve Bacic as the vampire Frederick in "Blade the TV series"
"There's always a little romance ... " Kyle about Thaw
Vampire Princess

Kentucky Schmidsonian

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 10:42:14 PM »

Stunning photos Anne, thanks for posting.  Wow!  He looks amazing!  The man can def rock a pair of board shorts!

People will forget what you said, people will  forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel

Banner lovingly created by Rena!  Thanks so much!
Polish Fan

Vampires are a myth. Do you believe this?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2009, 04:42:25 AM »

Not from Kyle, but from the producer, David Doerksen:

"We are still working on an October release, I imagine it will only be released theatrically in Canada. 
These days to attract a theatrical release in the US, one has to put up the P&A (prints and advertising) dollars and which starts at US $5 million, and given the
competition for theatres, we won't be attempting a US theatrical.

We will either release it directly to DVD or to a cable channel as a
première.  The global economics for the independent film sector are awful at the
moment... So one is lucky to even get a DVD or cable deal in the US marketplace."

I hope that Ringcon will help in European promotion, no matter for DVD release or TV. The film producers should think about it.

Lacrossegal
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »

Thanks Anne- you are amazingly well connected!  Cool Indie projects push the envelope of creativity so I hope most are able to hang on through this crappy recession and bounce back into the limelight in a couple of years. Big budget films are enjoyable but too predictable - I'll take a well written, low budget film over a star packed ultra-predictable Hollywood film anyday.  Now I just need to keep an eye open on cable or DVD. With my luck I probably won't have that particular cable station on my plan!  Tongue Oh well....Thanks again for the information. Grin
deb1912
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 05:01:28 PM »

Wink
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 05:41:00 PM by deb1912 » Logged
Elisabet
Super Hero Member

"Hottest Vampire material"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2009, 12:11:33 PM »

H-E-L-L-O Shocked
It's not only the body or pose. It's presence that is coming through camera  Kyle Rocks

maggiemay
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2011, 08:14:48 AM »

There are two Blu Ray DVD versions (Zone 2-Europe) of Fear Island on EBAY.   Don't have a Blu Ray so not sure that the prices are all that good, one way or the other.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=kyle+schmid&_sacat=0&_odkw=deep+cove+movie&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length