Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 07:35:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Kyle's Korner
|-+  Kyle's TV series: Blood Ties, Being Human and Copper
| |-+  Saving our Show
| | |-+  Blood Ties fans bite back!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Blood Ties fans bite back!  (Read 30117 times)
lala36079

United States Alabama

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »

got this off of yahoo groups save blood ties maybe there is still hope it was a letter they got in reply from the production company i hope they don't mind me reposting it here

Dear Mrs. ________,

Thank-you for inquiring about Insight's series, Blood Ties. 

The best evaluation of the current situation I can offer you is that there may be a glimmer of hope, but nothing tangible.  Lifetime has been surprised by the outpouring of support for the series and may be given it a second look.  At our end, we have kept all the sets for the time being, keeping our fingers crossed.  Believe me nobody would be happier with a return of Blood Ties than myself and the people at Insight.  If I hear anything beyond rumours, I will let you know. 

Although as a Producer for the series I can't actively encourage you to let Lifetime know your feelings, a letter to them in support of the series cannot hurt.

Sincerely,

(Signature here)
Also a Blood Ties Fan

laura
wpatten
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 07:20:47 PM »

This is somewhat encouraging.  I just can’t bring myself to believe that we won’t get more Blood Ties until official word is given otherwise.  It’s good to hear that Lifetime is taking note of the support for the show.  I’d like to hope that Lifetime will give Blood Ties a renewal, but I don’t feel like they were ever really committed to it.  Most of their series that they show during primetime are repeated that evening during the late night hours (which was done during “season one”), but they are also usually aired again during the week on a different day and timeslot.  Lifetime never did this with Blood Ties, and when the “second season” aired it was shown only once at 11:00 pm (I’m on the East Coast) and then they never showed the last two episodes on air.  If Lifetime does renew Blood Ties, I sincerely hope that they will really try to believe in it and give it every chance possible with a favorable timeslot and re-airings during the week.  Of course, we’ll have to do our part to continue to spread the word and grow the fan base even larger so we can keep having it renewed.

Created by Kady
------
Wendy
Xandria
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 09:18:18 PM »

At least our voice is being heard right? And lifetime is taking note, which is a really good thing and something that we can focus on to keep our spirits up!
 And there's always the possibility that if lifetime isn't interested that some of the other networks that we've been contacting will be! All the exposure that the fans are giving it can only help!
 I know I seem to be really pushing the positive, but until we hear an official decision I think that all bets are still on!
 Here's crossing my fingers that all the posting and emailing we did yesterday has a good impact and makes everyone re-evaluate what an awesome show Blood Ties is!

Sheila

Bay Area, California

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 10:23:29 PM »

lala36079 - Thanks for sharing the letter your found at the Yahoo Save Blood Ties group. It's encouraging and more information than we typically get from Lifetime. I also sent a couple of letters to Insight (and others), but haven't heard back yet. If I do, I'll share their response.
MrsTattooedButterfly

Do I REALLY NEED to say anything?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 09:58:41 PM »

Thanks for the updated info Anne. I've been out of the loop for a while and didn't know where to send the 70 or so postcards that I've got left. Now that I know I can get back to writting them and getting them mailed in.

And I've not been to Lifetime's website for a long time, mainly because I can't watch the back episodes. I'm hearing impaired and no matter how much I enjoy just seeing him, it really sucks not being able to understand what's being said since there is no option for subtitiles.  Having my TV set up for it, and loving the special headphones my hubby got for me, well I'm spoilt cause then I could both watch and hear it all, without it, well that's just ruined the online ones for me. Cause I can't watch not being able to hear it and trying to lip-read those fuzzy online episodes is an awful experience.

And I don't get the channel that they aired the marathon on. So yeah I'm more than a little bitter towards LT right now.  I can't help it, I feel like they've taken away something that was for me, an escape from reality, even if it was just for an hour.

Life Is Not Measured By The Number Of Breaths We Take, But By Those That Take Our Breath Away. ~~is sure that's a quote by someone, I just don't know who.
kellifer62

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 07:04:01 PM »

Luckily I actually get Lifetime for Real Women so every weekend I have been diligently turning the TV on this channel from 10-11 only. Love watching BT on TV again!! As much as I enjoy watching the eppies on iTunes and the LT website...there's something so great about seeing Kyle on the big TV screen Smiley
MrsTattooedButterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 09:39:04 PM »

Is seriously jealous of you, you know that right? LOL I can't help it, not being able to hear that voice(drools) when he's in Henry mode just isn't fair! *serious pouting going on here* Misses hearing it.   Cry

Life Is Not Measured By The Number Of Breaths We Take, But By Those That Take Our Breath Away. ~~is sure that's a quote by someone, I just don't know who.
Sheila

Bay Area, California

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 10:09:01 PM »

I received a letter back from Kaleidoscope Entertainment a couple of days ago. It said pretty much the same thing that Insight said as shown in lala's earlier post. It went on to say that we should continue contacting broadcasting companies in our respective countries.

Earlier today I became a little worried. Since Blood Ties first started airing on LT, episodes have been available via Comcast's OnDemand feature under Lifetime. The last episode had an ending date of 3/17. As of today - Blood Ties is not listed in OnDemand. What's going on! The letter from Kaleidoscope came with the respondents direct phone line, so looks like I should give her a call and see if she can shed more light on the subject.
ndnlover

In Love With the Vampire Mystique Since Childhood

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 08:28:54 AM »

Luckily I actually get Lifetime for Real Women so every weekend I have been diligently turning the TV on this channel from 10-11 only. Love watching BT on TV again!! As much as I enjoy watching the eppies on iTunes and the LT website...there's something so great about seeing Kyle on the big TV screen Smiley

I agree kellifer, I too am able to get Real Women and it is without a doubt a treat to be able to tune into BT every Friday night at 10p

On another note, I do hope that all of our efforts are not damaged by the fact that despite the seeming success of last seasons campaign to save Jericho, the show is apparently in jeopard of being cancelled yet again, or at least that is what I have been reading. Apparently there have been two season endings taped...one is cliff hanger with lots of future possabilities and the other wraps everything up in big package with a bow. At this point the majority of the articles that I have read, have been leaning more toward the show being cancelled for good.

As I said,I really hope that this news does not reflect on our efforts...but you have to admit, it does not bode well for series rescue efforts in general. Undecided Undecided
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:33:47 PM by ndnlover » Logged

Banner Courtesy of Kady`s Talents!
MrsTattooedButterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 04:01:30 PM »

Well I just found out that my Mom gets the channel, and she's offered to tape the episopes for me. But I think that I live in the only house in the state that does not have a VCR.  Sad   

So even if she taped them for me, the only way I could watch them would be to at her house, and that's soo not gonna happen. 1-I've got my set up here and 2-the woman has never let me just sit and watch anything without asking me a hundred questions during. That and my dad won't even stay in the same room if there's anything closely related to the horror genre on the tv. I love my parents I do, but they drive me nuts!

Is seriously thinking about buying the UK version of the DVD set. 

kellifer62

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 04:49:33 PM »

OMG...well hell...we're gonna have to take up a collection and get you a VCR babe! That just won't do having to sit with your mom while watching them. There is absolutely NO TALKING allowed while Henry is speaking...LOL!

And I'm still gonna remain positive for our show. I mean...as much as I like Jericho and was amazed at what the fans did for that show..I have to say that I think the fan support for BT has been even greater. I mean...the show hasn't been on TV since November! The last 2 eppies were done airing online by mid-December. I mean..that is no new BT for almost 3 and a half months now. And you know what? We haven't quit or given up yet...not one bit. If anything, I think Megacon and meeting Kyle and Dylan made even more new people aware of the show. I mean...girls who didn't even know what BT was were coming over b/c Kyle is just so cute and irresistable...LOL! So I think we are pumped up now more than ever and are gonna fight till we get the answer we want. I know it's not in my nature to give up. We are fighting now harder than ever...and it's gonna be one hell of a bloody war!!! Smiley
Xandria
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 05:19:52 PM »

I think we are pumped up now more than ever and are gonna fight till we get the answer we want. I know it's not in my nature to give up. We are fighting now harder than ever...and it's gonna be one hell of a bloody war!!! Smiley

That's the attitude Kellifer62! Keep the spirts up and keep fighting to save our show!  Smiley
 Everyone check out the thread about trying to get Ellen to do a Blood Ties themed show and sign the new petition!
 http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/BloodTiesSeason3/index.html

kellifer62

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 07:07:05 AM »

Well...I'm doing my best to remain positive. Just hoping in the long run it pays off. Patience is not one of my strongholds...LOL!
Akira

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 01:05:32 PM »

Ok, guys, I've been doing some work for Blood Ties today Smiley

First I updated the Wikipedia sites (English and German) with the info that the next season might not be coming up but that there are several campaigns running right now and that they can be found listed at www.savebloodties.org. Of course also added the link to the external link section.
I saw that there's also a site in Italian - maybe someone could write the info in there, too? We got Italian folk here, right? For all other languages: Someone willing to install the sites? Smiley

I also wrote to the biggest German online newsletter concerning TV-series, movies and Sci-Fi topics called eScope! Magazin (a daily newsletter/website read by a MASS of people - hardly know anyone interested in that stuff who's not receiving it, honestly...) and I'm sure they'll feature us in one of their next issues (speak: in a few days, maybe even tomorrow).

What I am also going to do is feature Blood Ties in the next issue of the weekly entertain.MIND issue of the magazin I'm writing for as an editor for a living (www.gamemind.at). I'll talk about the series and the campaigns - we got like 20.000 readers per day on our main page and a lot of them are also reading the gamemind subsite so that should reach quite a few as well Smiley
Good thing is Blood Ties just started being broadcast in Austria on the 6th of March so quite a few guys are just becoming fans and I'm sure will not want to lose their newly found favorite series right away Smiley

What I'm still going to do today is to write to the German fansites about the campaigns and see that they as well put up links to www.savebloodties.org and put some info on their starting pages.

What I'd ask for is that maybe I'll be put on the savebloodties.org site as the one to write to when wanting to join the glasses/Lions Club campaign or when having questions about any other campaign for everyone who's mother tongue is German or who's living in Austria/Germany/Swiss. As stated in the other topic about the glasses campaign I volunteer to collect all the glasses for the German speaking guys at my place and make one big sending in May when the collection actually takes place.

So far from me at the moment Smiley

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 01:33:45 PM by Akira » Logged
Anne
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 04:17:44 PM »

Great work Akira!
I'm the only Danish Blood Ties fan I know, so collecting glasses from the Danish fans will be easy  Wink

I've signed up on the forum for SFX magazine and posted in their BT thread. Plus I've emailed the editors, asking them to profile the cast.

Made by me - Steve Bacic as the vampire Frederick in "Blade the TV series"
"There's always a little romance ... " Kyle about Thaw
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length